Professional Application of pine Straw Installation
It is recommended that pine straw is applied to your landscape annually or once a year. This is what we recommend whenever we visit the area where you need a lawn to be prepared. The following are the methods that we normally use.
- Evenly distribute the pine straw all through the lawn.
- Plan a depth of up to 3 inches as you distribute it over the area in order to create a cushion that will make the playground safe.
- Add inch annually for decorative purposes.
- The primary aim of adding on pine straw is so that weed growth can be prevented and improve the general look of the ground cover.
- For areas where there are walkways or benches where children usually step on, we increase the mulch to 6 inches.
- When applying the pine straw, we ensure that you leave about 2 to 3 inches of space away from the base of a tree trunk or shrub.
This discourages rodents from gobbling the tree trunk.
When pine straws begin to break down, they normally acidify the soil. Therefore, they are suitable for plants that augur well with acidic soil. Examples of such plants are; hydrangeas, camellias, holly azaleas, fuchsias, ferns, dogwoods, gardenias, magnolias, fuchsias, and evergreens.
Once our company has completed the pine straw installation, Pine Straw Installation Cameron NC ensure that we do follow-up so as to ensure that your playground remains looking good all through the year. By so doing, you are assured that your lawn will look beautiful.
Contact us for a free estimate